As radiation leaks from Japan’s damaged nuclear plant, experts weigh in on the risks.
Japan’s struggle to regain control over the nuclear power reactors damaged in the tsunami that followed a 9.0-magnitudeearthquake on March 11 has people worldwide wondering and worrying about the impacts of radioactive fallout.
Here’s ourtop 5 questions and answers culled from experts at the Union of Concerned Scientists, a nuclear safety advocacy group.
- Should people in the U.S. be concerned about their drinking water?
- How did radioactive water end up in the basement and in some tunnels around the reactor buildings?
- Are the leaks of radioactive water likely to continue and/or worsen?
- What about the detection of plutonium. Is that a concern?
- Is is safe to eat Pacific seafood?
Click here to read the full article.
Source: Irene Klotz | Discovery News