- This event has passed.
USEAC: Latin America Cultural Communication for Business Seminar
May 16, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
With Latin American as the closest and one of our and largest markets, Tennessee companies that want to succeed need to overcome challenges and meet opportunities of intercultural communication with their Latin American counterparts.
Please join Christian Höferle, President and CEO of the Culture Mastery LLC, the
US Department of Commerce and high caliber trade professionals at the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce on May 16, 11am as they speak about U.S., Colombian and Mexican cultural communications styles and how to build better relationships. At this seminar, we will discuss:
- How culture affects workplace and business behaviors, communication, negotiation styles and attitudes
- How the dominant behavioral characteristics of Mexico & Colombia compare to the United States
- Understand dominant behavioral characteristics of Mexico & Colombia and how they compare to the United States
- How to identify the most glaring cultural gaps
- Strategies and best practices for doing business with Latin American partners
- Communication patterns, sales and marketing approaches, managerial styles
- The Dos & Don’ts as well as the Whys of behavioral differences
Who Should Attend:
Staff working with Latin American buyers, suppliers, customers or companies wanting to expand their supply chain to Latin America.
Speakers & Panelists:
Christian Höferle, President & CEO, The Culture Mastery, LLC
Paul Bonovich, President, Consolidated Inventory Supply
Peter Jones, Vice President, International Business, DTN Network
Martha Taylor Fischer, Office Manager, John S. James
Robert Leach, Director, Knoxville-US Export Assistance Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
Date & Location:
Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 11AM – 2:00PM
Knoxville Chamber of Commerce
17 Market Square #201
Knoxville, TN 37902
*Registration begins at 10:30am. Networking event starts at 11:30am to meet experts in international marketing, finance and logistics.
** For additional information, please call Robert Leach, Director of the Knoxville USEAC at 865-545-4637.
Cost: only $30 for this event (includes lunch!)
Register Today (Seating is limited)!: Click Here!