- This event has passed.
TVA: Public Meeting, IRP and EIS
February 27, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Source: TVA | Release | February 18, 2019
TVA’s draft 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) have been posted and are available for public comment through April 8, 2019.
The 2019 IRP is a comprehensive study that provides direction on how TVA can best deliver clean, reliable and low-cost energy in the Valley over the next 20 years. Since February 2018, TVA has worked closely with stakeholders – including members of the IRP Working Group and Regional Energy Resource Council – to develop the draft. As part of the study, TVA prepared a programmatic EIS to assess the natural, cultural and socioeconomic impacts associated with the IRP.
Public input is vital to the IRP and EIS development process, because it offers diverse viewpoints that help shape the final plan. Please consider providing comments and encouraging others to do the same.
There are several opportunities to learn more about the IRP and EIS and to provide comments. TVA is hosting a series of public meetings across the Tennessee Valley. The meeting dates and locations are:
- February 19 from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. (CT) in Murfreesboro, Tennessee (This will be a public meeting and listening session with the Regional Energy Resource Council.)
- February 27 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (ET) in Knoxville, Tennessee (Cansler YMCA; 616 Jessamine Street; Knoxville, TN 37917; Community Room)
- March 18 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (CT) in Memphis, Tennessee
- March 19 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (CT) in Huntsville, Alabama
- March 20 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (ET) in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- March 26 from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. (CT) in Bowling Green, Kentucky
TVA is also offering a public webinar on February 26 at 11:00 a.m. (ET) for those who cannot attend a meeting. Registration for the webinar is available here.
After public input is incorporated, the final IRP and EIS will be available to the public and then presented to the TVA Board of Directors for approval. Once approved, a Record of Decision will be published.
Visit TVA’s IRP website to learn more about the IRP and EIS, read the draft and offer comments and find specific addresses for the public meetings.