- This event has passed.
Tennessee Valley Corridor National Summit
June 1, 2016 - June 2, 2016
This June, Tennessee Tech will host the annual Tennessee Valley Corridor National Summit, in cooperation with Congressman Diane Black. The theme for this year’s two-day event is “Where Entrepreneurs and Technology Meet.”
A special aspect of the discussion at the summit will include the unique approaches to promote entrepreneurship and economic growth in our more rural areas as best exemplified by our efforts at Tech and our Upper Cumberland regional partners.
The 2016 National Summit at Tennessee Tech will showcase speakers, presentations and discussions on the vital role entrepreneurs provide in turning the brainpower and technologies from our universities and federal programs into new business start-ups and the expansion of existing businesses. Additionally, the summit agenda will include updates on activity in the TVC’s major centers of federal investment in Huntsville, Oak Ridge and Tullahoma; and give attention to TVC’s progress in advanced manufacturing, particularly in the automotive industry.
Tech is proud to join the distinguished list of hosts for the TVC Summit, and we are excited to welcome regional academic, business, government and community leaders from Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Virginia and North Carolina to Cookeville.
We hope you can join us for this important regional economic development event on June 1-2.
If you would like information about how you can partner with Tech and the TVC for the June 1-2 summit, please contact Jennifer Wiggins at email@example.com. For more information about the TVC, please visit www.TennValleyCorridor.org.
Click here to register to attend.
Speakers for the event include:
- Dr. Phil Oldham, President, Tennessee Tech University
- Congressmen Diane Black, Chuck Fleischmann and Marsha Blackburn, with more confirmations from the TVC Congressional Caucus expected in the coming weeks
- Earl Gohl, Federal Co-Chair, Appalachian Regional Commission
- Charlie Brock, President/CEO, Launch Tennessee
- Joe Hoagland, Vice President, Stakeholder Relations, TVA
- Dr. Malcolm Portera, former Chancellor of The University of Alabama System
- Tom Rogers, Director, Industrial Partnerships and Economic Development, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- John Howanitz, General Manager, Nuclear Security & Operations Senior Vice President Bechtel Nuclear, Security & Environmental
- Ken Rueter, President and Project Manager, UCOR
- Lonnie Lawson, President/CEO, Center for Rural Development
Dr. Angeline Godwin, President, Patrick Henry Community College