- This event has passed.
PTAC: SBIR-STTR Programs Summit
May 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Expanding Research Capacities Through University Partnerships
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are the nation’s largest source of early stage, high-risk research and development funding for small businesses.
These programs provide more than $3.5 billion annually in competitive awards, enabling entrepreneurs to develop new technologies and ultimately facilitate the commercialization of innovation.
Attend this event to learn tips for working with universities in a research context under the SBIR/STTR Program.
- Understanding the differences between SBIR vs. STTIR
- How to leverage research capabilities with University & Federal partners
- Tips regarding what government agencies are looking for in proposals
- Recent federal regulations related to R&D grants and contracts
- Hear from the UT Research Foundation how UT startups have used the SBIR system to commercialize technology developed at the University.
- Opportunities through Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s Tech Transfer program and other ways to connect with ORNL.