- This event has passed.
Innovation Crossroads: Deep-Tech Showcase featuring Cohort 3
June 3, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Innovation Crossroads is a 2-year program for companies advancing energy and advanced manufacturing technologies.
About this event
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Advanced Manufacturing Office, Building Technologies Office, and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee the Innovation Crossroads program is a 2-year fellowship based program designed to help the nation’s top innovators commercialize their research into hard-tech products. By embedding the next generation of top technical talent within Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), participants have unparalleled access to unique scientific resources and capabilities, leading scientific expertise, R&D funding, consultants, and business strategy advisors, the Innovation Crossroads program primes deep-tech founders for success.
On June 3, 2021, seven innovators from Cohort 3, with technologies ranging from nanotechnology to waste-to-energy conversion, will pitch their company’s technology, present their progress over the past 2-years, and project what the future has in store for their growing company.
Dan Miller, who leads the Innovation Crossroads program, will give a program overview and engage Q&A with Cohort 2 Alumni on how Innovation Crossroads helped their companys’ development.
Additionally, an innovation panel featuring leadership from ORNL, Tennessee Valley Authority, and the Clean Energy Venture Group will talk about the future of energy, sustainability commercialization, and growing the hard-tech entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Opportunities to contact the companies and to learn more about future events and application dates will be given at the close of the event.
- American Nanotechnologies – American Nanotechnologies, Inc. (ANI) is developing material processing technology for purification of high-value nanomaterials.
- Electro-Active Technologies, Inc. – EAT is developing a modular system for converting food waste and electricity into low-cost, green hydrogen.
- Endeavor Composites, Inc. – Endeavor Composites is designing and implementing an innovative mixer system for the hydroentanglement process that offers several advantages over the current fiber dispersion techniques.
- Grid Fruit – Grid Fruit uses artificial intelligence (AI) and data to keep food fresh while reducing the energy needed for commercial refrigeration. The technology simultaneously procures savings for food retailers and provides grid services for electrical utilities.
- MantaPoole Technologies – MPT is developing a roll-to-roll, manufactured, active multispectral light field (AMLF) micro-optics architecture for applications including autonomous surgery, industrial manufacturing, robotic farming, and real time robot vision.
- Neptune Fluid Flow Systems – Neptune Fluid Flow Systems is developing an advanced thin film cryogenic sample preparation device designed to substantially improve sample preparation for the transmission electron microscopy (TEM) community.
- Purist, Inc. – Purist’s focus is developing a technology to be implemented in existing nuclear reactors to produce medical-grade radioactive ingredients. These radioactive ingredients are time-sensitive materials used daily to treat and diagnose life-threatening diseases such as cancer.