- This event has passed.
ETEC Meeting: Dan Stout, TVA and Jack Bailey, NuScale Power
December 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am EST
Dan Stout is the Senior Manager, Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) for the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). He is responsible for nuclear project development including managing the scope, schedule, budget and business planning associated with licensing and potentially deploying SMRs at TVA’s Clinch River Site in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Mr. Stout has over 29 years of experience in the nuclear energy sector. He joined the TVA in April 2009 and became responsible for TVA’s SMR program in 2012.
Prior to TVA, Mr. Stout served as Director, Nuclear Fuel Recycling at the Department of Energy where he was responsible for planning and policy development regarding nuclear fuel recycling. From 1991 to 2006, Mr. Stout worked in the uranium enrichment industry, predominantly at USEC Inc., with responsibility for R&D, engineering, and licensing of advanced uranium enrichment technologies and facilities.
From 1985-1991 Mr. Stout served in the U.S. Navy as a nuclear submarine officer. He also served in the Naval Reserves in the Naval Special Warfare community from 1991-2007, retiring as a Commander.
Mr. Stout graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1985. He received his Masters Degree in Engineering Management from the National Technological University in 1997.
Jack A. Bailey
Sr Vice President Business Development, NuScale Power
- 32 years commercial nuclear experience
- Prior Officer in the Nuclear Navy
- Joined NuScale Power in May 2014 in his current position
- From August 2012 until April 2014, worked with Generation mPower supporting North America project and business development
- From 1997-2012 worked for Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Responsible for TVA’s New Nuclear development efforts until 2012, including AP1000 and SMRs.
- Prior to heading up new nuclear development, ran TVA’s Power Supply Planning Group and prior to that was the TVA’s VP of Nuclear Engineering and Technical Services
- From 1989-1997 held various positions at Arizona Public Service’s Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station including VP of Engineering and VP of Technical Support
- From 1982-1989 held various positions at Virginia Power’s Surry Nuclear Plant, the last one being the Superintendent of Operations