- This event has passed.
Burak Ozpineci, ORNL Vehicle and Mobility Systems Research
February 18 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am
This meeting is open for both in-person and virtual attendees who are ETEC members and their guests. No registration is necessary for in-person attendance.
On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, the University of Tennessee lifted its campus-wide mask mandate. In-person participants at ETEC meetings are not required to wear masks but may do so at their discretion.
Click here to register for the VIRTUAL meeting: https://tennessee.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMkcOuvrj0sGtH310HtTdFkG1Hk4G3sF3k0
Dr. Burak Ozpineci
Section Head, Vehicle and Mobility Systems Research Section
Sustainable Transportation Program
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
Burak Ozpineci received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from Orta Dogu Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, in 1994, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA, in 1998 and 2002, respectively. In 2001, he joined the Post-Master’s Program with Power Electronics and Electric Machinery Group, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Knoxville, TN, USA. He became a Full-Time Research and Development Staff Member in 2002, the Group Leader of the Power and Energy Systems Group in 2008, and Power Electronics and Electric Machinery Group in 2011. Presently, he is a Corporate Fellow at ORNL serving as the Section Head for the Vehicle and Mobility System Research Section. He is also a Joint Faculty with the Bredesen Center, The University of Tennessee. Dr. Ozpineci is a Fellow of IEEE.
- Department of Energy Vehicle Technologies Office Distinguished Achievement Award, 2021
- IEEE PELS Vehicle and Transportation Systems Achievement Award, For contributions to advancement of power electronics in transportation electrification and wireless charging of electric vehicles, 2020
- Fellow of IEEE for contributions to transportation electrification and wireless charging of electric vehicles, 2020
- Outstanding Paper Award, International Technical Conference and Exhibition on Packaging and Integration of Electronic and Photonic Microsystems, 2019
- UT-Battelle (ORNL) Award for Team Research Accomplishment, Wireless Charging, 2016
- US Department of Energy, Vehicle Technologies Office, Distinguished Achievement Team Award, Wireless Charging, 2016
- US Department of Energy, Vehicle Technologies Office, Distinguished Achievement Team Award, 3D-Printed Inverter, 2015
- R&D 100 Award, Continuously Variable Series Reactance, partnering with SPX Inc and The University of Tennessee, 2014
- IEEE Industry Applications Society, Outstanding Young Member Award, 2006
- UT-Battelle (ORNL) Early Career Award for Engineering Accomplishment, 2005