FY2020 Study of DOE’s Economic Impact on the State of Tennessee
This webpage contains resources for those who are providing data for this study.
The East Tennessee Economic Council is once again producing an economic study that details the impact of the Department of Energy on our region and throughout the state. These reports are used to provide key information to our legislative delegation, community leaders, economic developers, federal contractors, and others.
The economists at the University of Tennessee who will be analyzing the data will explain the data collection form and the processes for this study are Dr. Matt Murray, director, and Dr. Jilleah Welch, research associate, at UT’s Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy.
- The Data Collection Form is a direct download (Word Document) by clicking this link.
- If you have questions, please contact Dr. Matt Murray at (865) 974-6084 or Dr. Jilleah Welch at (865) 974-8481.
- Please send the completed form back to Dr. Matt Murray by February 15, 2021.
- 1/21/21 – Introductory/Kick-off Meeting
- 2/15/21 – Data Forms to be returned to Matt Murray
- Early to Mid Summer – Focus group meeting of data contributors to be called, and report to be distributed
Watch the Kick-off Meeting. Click here to view the FULL Zoom Meeting Recording.
(Agenda: Call to order / Meeting Purpose / Final product and its audience / Introduction of the team and the attendees / Collecting the data / Project timeline / Questions / Adjourn)
Click here or below to view just Dr. Murray’s presentation about the study, data collection form, and questions regarding data gathering.
Team Contact Info for Questions:
- Matt Murray, UT Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy (all data specific questions, please direct to Dr. Murray)
- Jill Welch, UT Howard H. Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy
- Jim Campbell, ETEC
- Nicole Allen, ETEC
- Cortney Piper, Piper Communications