Business Lunch Live is a joint series to promote community connection for Oak Ridge Chamber and ETEC members. These virtual lunch meetings will be held quarterly at noon. There is no charge to participate.
Next event coming first quarter of 2023
Past Business Lunch Live Events:
Topic: Exploring the Oak Ridge Enhanced Technology and Training Center (ORETTC)
Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, @ noon on Zoom
Speaker: Dr. Ashley Stowe, Director, Y-12’s Oak Ridge Enhanced Technology and Training Center (ORETTC)
Topic: ORETTC – Leveraging learning technologies for high-consequence nuclear and radiological alarm response training.
Dr. Ashley Stowe, Director of the Oak Ridge Enhanced Technology and Training Center (ORETTC) spoke to members of ETEC and the Oak Ridge Chamber during the Business Lunch Live event. ORETTC is a facility and a capability that will design, execute, and innovate training programs that are immersive and fun. ORETTC’s vision is to be the nation’s preeminent training campus for radiation response, nuclear processing, and emerging technology arenas. We are excited to have such an advanced training facility in Oak Ridge for our businesses to partner with!
During the event we:
- Gained insight into how Y-12 is leveraging learning technologies for high-consequence nuclear and radiological alarm response training.
- Saw how the ORETTC is using artificial intelligence and virtual reality to train the future workforce.
- Took a virtual tour of the Oak Ridge Enhanced Technology and Training Center.
Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2022, @ noon on Zoom
Speaker: Mill Graves, Director of Business Development with Retail Strategies.
Description: Join us to gain some insight into retail recruitment.
- A big-picture look at how our economy and retail have evolved over the past few years
- Implications for retail brick and mortar growth
- How communities like Oak Ridge can leverage retail to catalyze economic development
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, @ noon on Zoom
- Jim Holleman, Principal of Industrial Sales and Leasing at Avison Young, discussed commercial real estate trends.
- Hancen Sale, Governmental Affairs and Policy Director at Knoxville Area Association of Realtors (KAAR) discussed real estate trends in the area.
- Kimberly Bell, Principal Broker at The Real Estate Office and Anderson County’s representative for KAAR, discussed residential real estate trends in Oak Ridge.
Additional Information: KAAR’s 2022 State of Housing Report.
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2021, @ noon on Zoom
Speaker: Dr. Joan Bienvenue, Executive Director, UT Oak Ridge Innovation Insitute (UT-ORII)
The Institute was established in 2020 to align the expertise and infrastructure of Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the University of Tennessee in support of world-leading research and talent development.