Every Friday morning from 7:30-8:30 a.m. in the Homer S. Fisher Room at the UT Outreach Center, the East Tennessee Economic Council (ETEC) hosts a breakfast meeting for members and guests, inviting speakers to share interesting and pertinent information. Our members enjoy the opportunity to network with senior level management in the federal and business community in a casual environment while staying up-to-date on key issues. Dress ranges from golf shirts and khakis to suits and ties.
The ETEC offices and meeting rooms are located at the junction of Oak Ridge Turnpike and Rutgers Avenue, along with the UT-Battelle Information Center and the University of Tennessee Outreach Center.
Directions from Knoxville:
- Take I-40 to the Pellissippi Parkway, exiting towards Oak Ridge.
- Pellissippi Parkway will turn into Illinois Avenue.
- Travel along Illinios Avenue for approximately four miles.
- Go straight through the traffic light at the intersection of Illinios Avenue and Lafayette Drive.
- At the next light, Rutgers Avenue, turn right. TN Bank will be on the right, and Comfort Inn will be on the left.
- Go straight along Rutgers Avenue for almost one mile.
- Look for the Quality Inn sign on the left.
- Just after the Quality Inn, turn left onto Rider Road.
- Immediately on the right, will be the UT Outreach Center, a one-story gray stucco building. Enter through the double-glass doors located along the backside of the building, facing the Jameson Inn.